Driving to a nearby restaurant during midday for a cup of iced coffee is always a pleasure. I have always tried out a couple of them and most of the time I have been disappointed with the way most of them are made. It is either I can barely taste the caramel or there is way too much of it. But what is the trick of making caramel iced coffee at home?
Fill a glass with ice, then pour your coffee and caramel syrup over the glass of ice and use a long spoon to stir until the caramel dissolves in the coffee. You then add a dairy or a non-dairy creamer as you keep stirring.
What Is Caramel Iced Coffee?
It is a cold glass of coffee and milk, drizzled with caramel and topped with an option of whipped cream. It is so good that it could be a dessert! If you have to wait in the long queues at Starbucks to grab yourself some, then this recipe got you covered. Also making yourself one at home would help you save on your hard-earned dollar.
How To Make Caramel Iced Coffee
To make caramel iced coffee, you will need:
Milk – Use any milk you can get your hands on. Cream or half works more on more decadent milk.
Instant coffee– The amount depends on how strong you like yours. If you prefer espresso, you could use one or two shots.
Cameral – Store-bought caramel source is an easy add-in. But if you make yourself one you can use it instead.
Ice – Used to make the coffee iced.
Optional – Whipped cream for topping. You can’t go wrong with that.
Steps of Making Caramel Iced Coffee at Home
Fill a glass with ice – You need to fill a glass with ice- Otherwise, all your ice will be watered down by the coffee. Alternatively, you can use Coffee ice cubes for a stronger drink.
Pour in the cold coffee – You can now pour in the cold coffee and preferably use three-quarters of the glass. If you are using cold brew concentrate pour in cold water and stir.
Add milk and caramel sauce – Now mix in the cold milk and the caramel sauce. Stir thoroughly and make sure your caramel doesn’t sink to the bottom.
Enjoy your drink – That is it. Your caramel iced coffee is ready to drink. I hope you do really get to enjoy it.
What Kind of Coffee Should You Use?
Cold coffee concentrate is the best for making caramel iced coffee. Some prefer using leftover coffee sitting in the pot. If you use hot coffee, it will melt the ice away before you enjoy your drink.
If you know you will prepare caramel coffee, you can decide to make extra coffee the previous night and let it rest until the following morning. That way, you will get cold coffee in the morning, which is ideal for caramel iced coffee.
7 Benefits of Caramel Iced Coffee
1. Good for boosting metabolism – Metabolism is the process in which the body uses food to create energy. Caramel iced coffee contains caffeine, which boosts metabolism by up to 11%. This increases the rate at which you burn calories when your body is at rest. Beneficial for those trying to lose or gain weight.
2. May lift your mood – Drinking caramel iced coffee reduces the risk of depression by boosting your moods. This also improves brain function.
3. It may lower the risk of heart diseases – Drinking coffee regularly helps you reduce the risk of getting heart diseases. However, it should be avoided if you have high blood pressure.
4. It may be easier for the stomach than hot coffee – It is slightly acidic than hot coffee and contains compounds that could prevent your stomach from acidity.
5. Could help you live longer – It contains more antioxidants than cold coffee. The fewer anti-oxidants and the compounds, which help prevent diseases, could increase your lifespan.
6. May lower your risk of Type 2 diabetes – Drinking this brew regularly maintains your sugar levels stable and helps reduce the risk of contracting type 2 diabetes.
7. Very easy to make – Going on the steps I shad shown you it is very simple to make this brew. As long as you have all the required ingredients, you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How can I make my caramel iced coffee less watery?
A. You can make it less watery by making the batch a few hours and letting it cool down. This way you will not cool your coffee using ice cubes making it watery. You can also brew a large batch and let it cool down completely, then pour the coffee into an ice cube tray or an ice bag.
Q. Why does my iced coffee taste sour?
A. If your caramel iced coffee tastes sour then it is because you cooled it down quickly. When using ice the coffee tends to cool down so quickly and this, in turn, makes the coffee taste sour. The best way to fix this is by using the refrigerating method. This way the coffee cools down slowly and it doesn’t turn sour. If you still get a sour taste then you can use a different coffee bean.
Q. What can I add to iced coffee?
A. You can add vanilla syrup to the coffee to make it sweeter. In addition, a bit of milk could help make your coffee more balanced. It could also make your mouth taste more pleasant.
Q. Do you use hot water or cold water to brew iced coffee?
A. Hot water is the best extract for brewing iced coffee. After brewing the cold coffee, you can let it cool down before adding ice cubes. If you use cold water, you are making cold brew coffee, which can take up to 24 hours compared to the iced coffee, which only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Q. Is iced coffee bad for you?
A. The question of health is subjective. It is after adding many additives that you can start to see the why would some question. When you can customize it to your own liking at home then you can make yourself a healthier version, turning something that could be bad for you into something that could be healthier for you.
I hope you now know how to make yourself the most aromatic caramel iced coffee. You can make also twist it and include some add-ons to your own liking. This way you can make yourself something that could have you taking long sips, especially on hot summer days.